Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Transfer to Laredo!


A sad "farewell" to the Lopez family...I will miss ya'll!!!

And a friendly "Hello" to my new companion, Hermana Villalobos...she is GREAT!


President and Sister Miller,

Hello! Well I am still trying to get over the shock that I am here in Laredo... but it has been such a blessing to me. I really have felt that this is where i am supposed to be and i am so excited to do all that i can to help my area grow and to serve the people here. I have loved working with Sister Villalobos.. she really is such a neat missionary and I am so amazed at how prepared she is to be here and to teach... she teaches me something new everyday.

The area was pretty forgotten by the time we got here, and so we have been working our hardest to get to work and to find prepared people to teach. It really has made us rely more fully on the lord and to be diligent in all things. I think that i have had some of the best personal and companionship studies of my entire mission this week. We really are being humbled and diligent and we know the lord will bless us. As i have been studying this week, a chapter really struck me in 2 Nephi 4. Nephi is bearing his testimony of the scriptures and that through all things he can lean on the Lord. "Nevertheless I know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support. O Lord, I have trusted in thee and i will trust in thee forever." I am so grateful for this time of testing and trial so i can learn how to more fully trust in my Lord. I know he will strengthen and support me and I have seen how he already has. I feel so blessed to be a missionary and to be doing what I am doing. I feel so much closer to the Lord and am so happy.

I just wanted to thank you both for everything that you have done for the mission and for me. I love you both so much and have felt so blessed by your service and your care! Thank you for playing such a huge role in my mission!

Sister Osborne

Contacts - 147
New Investigators - 23


Hey everyone!

So yes.. you all know by now that i have been transfered out of San Benito! crazy. when i got the call i just had the sweetest sense come over me that it was exactly what needed to happen, where i needed to be, and who i needed to be with. With all that said it was one of the saddest days of my life. It was so hard to say goodbye to so many wonderful people that i have loved, served, and baptized the past 9 months that i was there. I hate goodbyes.. and the hardest part is i don't know exaclty when i will be back to visit. (this would happen the right when a bunch a really neat people are about to be baptized!) oh well.. i have done my part and i know that sister haws and amitoelau will do awesome and will help all these great people to progress. Saying goodbye was rough and i feel like i just left my mission and now i am in another area just as a holding spot until i go home... so my task for this week is to learn to love this area and much as i loved san benito.

My area is Laredo north... aka i work in country clubs of giant houses... if you want to google earth I work north of the road del mar... it is pretty much all english and honestly when i got here.. the area was dead.. not one person in the area book and no one to really go off of. it was a struggle this past week but my trainee is AMAZING! i absolutley love her to death! her name is sister Villalobos.. she is from mexico city and has spent the past for years in provo utah... she is fluent in spanish, english, italian, and french... and i lover her to pieces... she is soooo excited to be a missionary and to go out and to work.. and even though it is like 110 degrees everyday and it is hard for people to let us in.. she is always so happy and so sweet. we just became instant friends and have had so many close chats already. i really feel blessed to be able to end my mission with her because she helps me to be sooo excited about the work and to rememeber how i first felt when i came out into the field.

Since we are starting from scratch we have had to rely on the lord even more.. we have been witnesses of his tender mercies and felt him lead us to where we need to be and open our mouths to testify of his gospel. We had a neat experience with a family this past week... since it is a nice area it is really hard to get into any doors (unlike san benito) so we have done a lot of knocking.. we found this lady named alma (spanish) and when we went back she was there waiting for us and brought out all her kids to listen too. the spirit was so strong and we centered our lesson on the savior and the atonement and baptism. we set a baptismal date for july and they accepted. we are excited to go back and to help them progress. it was such a wonderful experience and the sweetest experience for me when we walked out was to see my companions face and how she was sooooooo excited.

Yes, we have a car and we drive a lot... we have met alot of really neat people... but we did have a creeper experience last night and my poor companion was freaked out... some drunk guy was trying to get fresh and tried to force his way into our apartment... hahaha no worries dad... you can thank kyle and cory for always picking on me... i slammed the door in his face... we have not heard from him since :) if he comes back.. i have some cockroach spray next to the door and i am not afraid to use it! we live with two other sisters.. kellet and call.. (sis call was my comp for a transfer when I 1st got to San Benito ... she always wore my shirts:) )

honestly i feel so blessed to be where i am and doing what i am doing. i know that the lord has heard and answered my prayers and has put me in a place where i can grow and progress. I feel so happy and am so excited to be an instrument in turning this area around and making it bloom like San Benito did!

i love you all! Have an awesome week...be happy and i will talk to you soon!

-herm osborne

No comments: