Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm So Thankful!


Thanksgiving 2009

Hello everyone!
Well this past week was amazing and we truly witnessed many blessings that came our way. It was so fun for thanksgiving reflecting on my life and all the things i am thankful for and all the people that i am thankful for. i have realized how blessed i have been to have amazing family members and to have amazing friends who have been there for me through the best and the worst of times... so since i can't write you all individually i just want to thank you all collectively! i am so grateful for my grandparents, my parents, my siblings, my new brother and sisters, aunts and uncles, for their love and guidance. i am so thankful for all those who served missions before me. i am so blessed to have such a great family. and then on top of it i am so blessed to have some great friends and "brothers" who have served missions and have helped me prepare for mine... jon hoof, clay kincaid, brian jackson, trae roberts, kyle rogers, marc bastian... and thats only a few.. then i have such amazing friends from school like kelsey johnson who paved the way for me to see how exciting it was to prepare for a mission. i am so blessed to be out here and to be doing the lords work. He blesses His missionaries so much. since my companion is a greengo i have really had to rely upon the lord to bless me with my spanish and He really has. i am understanding so much more and my tongue is being loosed. i love this gospel. i love what it does and how it changes me. i love the missionaries i work with and the deep bonds that we all share. i love where i am and everything that i am doing. i am so blessed to have had some amazing young womens leaders as i have grown up.. they always saw my potential even when i didn't. staci litchfield, chari bennett, sister chenney, sister waite, sister larson, sister augvine, sister sainsberry... i hope i am not leaving anyone out...but i really have been surrounded by incredible woman and i will never be able to pay them back. last night we were with sister ott (one of the senior missionaries) and she was just thanking sister bustillos and i for being strong...for staying clean...and for coming on a mission. she asked how it was possible and what made the difference? Really, it was great parents, great siblings, great friends, and great church leaders. i am so grateful for all of these people who have truly made such an impact on my life...more than words can tell. i needed each one of them for various reasons and at different stages.. but they each helped me get on a mission and my mission will impact and change the rest of my life. we are so blessed to have a family that is sealed together, to fight through the hard times together and to come out strong. i am so grateful, truly thankful and i hope that i can live up to the expectation that my family has of me and that my Father in Heaven has for me. i am trying and i am learning each and every day... and i am growing and becoming. i love this work, it really is so wonderful and i feel so blessed, that through everything, i have just been sooooooo happy. i love the members here in san benito and i will be friends with them for the rest of my life and forever. it is crazy to think that before this life i probably promised my Heavenly Father that i would go on a mission...that He could count on me..that i would prepare each day to serve and to find my friends and bring the gospel to them. i am so grateful for this time to do exactly that. to teach and share and bear testimony. i love my life and my mission and i love you all so much!

love hermanita osborne

No comments: