Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1 Year and Countin'


Esmeralda Salinas Family Baptism

April 1, 2010
President and Sister Miller,

I love my mission. I think I just feel overjoyed with all the many blessings that I have been given and all the growth that I have felt within myself. This weekend Esmerelda Salinas and her 3 kids were baptized in between conference sessions. It was an amazing experience. To think that last month we thought about dropping them, and then felt the prompting to just focus on them even harder; we see how much the Lord loves them, has prepared them, and has reached out to show them truth. It was a spiritual experience and Esmerelda is one of those special people that I know i was close with before this life and I promised to find and teach the gospel to her. I am grateful for the christlike love I have for this wonderful woman and the sweet relationship that we share.
I feel so blessed to be a missionary at this time. this past week sister haws and I celebrated our year mark. It allowed us to talk about personal growth that we have seen in ourselves and each other. It gave us the chance to make goals for these next six months and to make plans for our futures. We can testify that living a life centered around Jesus Christ brings such peace, happiness, and direction. We know this and as we have followed Christ's example, we have come to know Him. I feel endebted to my Heavenly Father that 18 months ago, at an October General Conference He showed me that I needed to serve a mission. I look back at the changes it has made... and i see that it has made all the difference in who i am now, and who i will be.
I know that God loves each of His children. He is aware of our needs, and His hands are always extended towards us. We are not alone or left unaided. Actually, at the times that we feel most alone, that is when we are the closest to our Savior. I have seen the gospel bless my life and the lives of those I teach. I am grateful for conference and that we can listen to the words of the prophets, and correct our course to more closely align our lives with the Savior.

Sister Osborne

New Investigators - 11
Contacts - 143



Hi Family,

yep! you heard it here first! Esmeralda and her kids were baptized!!! what a wonderful conference weekend it has been. luckily we were able to go to all of the sessions of conference and i feel so uplifted and edified. wow what a wonderful weekend it has been. i explained more of Esmeralda's story in my journal entries that i am sending to you, but the very best part of her baptism was at the end when she threw her arms around my neck and thanked me so much for coming to her house. she just wept and wept and wept. i love this lady so much. we really have bonded and she has just grasped upon the gospel and she knows of its truthfulness. she is really an amazing woman. I feel so blessed to have stayed in san benito so long to have gone on this journey with her, to find her, to have taught her, and to have baptized her. she is wonderful and her children are amazing too. it was so great to have her husband at the baptism as well. hopefully it was a positive spiritual experience for him and that he will want to start listening in on our lessons and that he will want to come to church as well. he seems like a really neat man.. just a little shy.

I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful week and loved conference. It really has been such a blessing for me to listen to and has really helped me to think of things that i can change and improve upon and also plan out for the future. this week has been awesome and I feel so blessed to be a missionary. It is neat to see how the depression that we had felt a few weeks ago has turned to indescribable joy and happiness. I have also been blessed to be able to share my rough experiences with those who are going through difficult times, to teach them of the power of the atonement and to promise them that there is a happiness that will come from their trials...that as they rely on the lord He will deliver and bless them. I never thought that i would experience such grief to be able to help those that i love the most as they go through their own sadness and grief, but once again the lord has proven that He knows more than i do and His ways are higher than my ways.

So this week was our one year mark!!! weird huh.. i can't believe that i have been on my mission an entire year! As you know my year mark landed on april 1st. On that day, at 7:30am i get a phone call from the zone leaders. i missed it and when I got the message on the recorder, elder shield solemnly asked me to call him back as soon as i could. so at 8:00 i called them back and the new zone leader (elder horton got transferred :( ) told me that president had called them that morning and that there was an issue up in Corpus with one of the sisters and that i was getting emergency transferred to Corpus. He said that they were going to come and pick me up at 1pm that day. wow... i freaked out.. told them i guess i had better start packing and then i got off the phone and ran and told Sister Haws that i was getting transferred and i just started bawling...I was so sad that I would be transferred just 2 days before Esmeralda was getting baptized. Well, then the Zone Leaders called me and reminded me that it was April 1st... yeah... they are going to get it.... Sister Jackson is pretty mad at them too.. once i told her what had happened... she almost started crying too.. even though she knew it was a joke the entire time! ahh haha
i love you all! have a great week!
love Sister Osborne


No comments: